On Tuesday 7th May, the 2019 cycle of the Alumni Mentorship Programme was launched.
With over 40 mentors and mentees in attendance, this interactive and informative session served as an introduction between mentors and mentees. Students and Alumni were able to interact, network and engage in fruitful discussions on their goals, not just for the short term, but also on where they would like to see their careers go as they complete their degrees at the Arthur Lok Jack Global School of Business.
Ms Anya Narine Maraj and Mr David Roberts, who are previous mentors, facilitated this year’s launch event. They both gave guidance and tips to the new mentors and the mentees on setting SMART goals, being realistic in their expectations and generally, on developing a mutually beneficial working relationship going forward.
The Alumni Mentorship Programme is an initiative of the Lok Jack GSB – Advancement and Alumni Relations Centre and is conducted annually for a period of six (6) months. This year’s cycle will run from 7th May to 25th October 2019.
The objectives of the A.M.P are:
- To assist students by pairing them with past students who will provide mentorship and guidance as they progress through their respective programmes at the Lok Jack GSB.
- To expand the professional networks of all participants with the view of having a more integrated and diverse Lok Jack GSB business network.
- To assist in the professional development of the future business leaders of the Caribbean.
- To tap into the tacit knowledge and experience inherent in the Alumni in training the new generation of professionals who are not necessarily learned in the classroom.
- To facilitate the transfer of knowledge from different eras of business professionals for the overall development of all participants.
To learn more about the Lok Jack GSB Alumni Mentorship Programme, click HERE!