In previous years, the International Business Study Tour has been to China, Chile, Argentina, Brazil, Panama and Colombia. The purpose of these trips are to:
- Experience and understand the culture of other countries through tours, cultural experiences, and interacting with host nationals.
- Observe first-hand global businesses by meeting with business leaders and touring their facilities in order to learn how they develop and execute their strategy, manage their international business, and deal with the complexities they face both at home and abroad.
- Have some fun and build community with fellow students, guests and faculty.
Spanish Immersion in Guatemala 2013
Spanish Immersion Programme:
We have partnered with a five-star Spanish School in Guatemala to offer Spanish tuition one-on-one with tutors. Total immersion in a Spanish-speaking country is by far the most effective and fastest way to learn a foreign language! From staying with a local host family to interacting with a personal tutor to enjoying the cuisine at a quaint corner bistro, you are surrounded by native speakers and are constantly immersed in authentic social contexts. This accelerates the learning process tremendously and makes it unmatched by any other method of language learning.
The Immersion Experience includes a combination of:
- Residence with a local host family
- Orientation Session and Farewell Dinner which should include interaction with students or representative from Spanish classes with Christian Spanish Academy
- Spanish classes with Christian Spanish Academy with a personal tutor
- Company Visits to meet with business leaders and touring their facilities in order to learn how they develop and execute their strategy, manage their international business, and deal with the complexities they face both at home and abroad
- Cultural / Tourism Visits to understand cultural experiences, and interacting with host nationals