A Major Ingredient for your Career Success
Up to 90% of the difference between outstanding and average leaders is linked to Emotional Intelligence (EQ).
Daniel Goleman, author of bestselling books 'Emotional Intelligence' and 'Working with Emotional Intelligence' in his research found that Emotional Intelligence (EQ) is twice as important as IQ and technical skills combined, when accounting for outstanding performance.
Goleman says '..... the higher up you go in an organisation, the more important these qualities are for success'
Emotional Intelligence (EQ) is the ability to:
- Recognise your own feelings and those of others
- Motivate yourself and others
- Manage your own emotions and that of others
- Essentially there are four components:
- Understanding yourself - self awareness
- Managing yourself - self management
- Understanding others - social awareness
- Managing others - relationship management
This workshop would be beneficial to:
- Team Leaders
- Persons recently promoted
- People feeling stressed
- People looking to improve their self leadership
- People looking to climb the corporate ladder
Upon completion of this workshop, participants should be able to:
- Pass on the knowledge of emotional intelligence to others
- Understand how the brain works in terms of handling emotions
- Recognise their patterns
- Recognise different emotions in themselves and others
- Use techniques to increase emotional intelligence
- Manage self more effectively
- Lead teams more effectively
Topics to be covered during this workshop include:
- Overview of Emotional Intelligence
- Amygdala Hijacking
- Flow versus Hijacking
- Developing Your Emotional Intelligence through:
- Self Awareness
- Social Awareness
- Relationship Management
- Developing skills:
- Understanding your triggers
- Leadership success and derailment factors
- Strategies and techniques to increase EQ
- Understanding of personal areas of EQ improvement
- Creating your own EQ development plan
Facilitator: Miss Hulsie Bhaggan
Miss Hulsie Bhaggan has a multi-faceted career in banking, management consulting, politics, trade unionism and in social and civic development. A Management Consultant by profession, Miss Bhaggan holds a B.Sc. in Management studies and a Masters in Business Administration (MBA).
She spent six years in retail banking and in the corporate banking environment where she has had extensive experience in branch banking, commercial credit, training and development and human resource management. After her banking assignment, she joined a Caribbean team dedicated to development of the Caribbean and Latin America Trade Union movement.
For eight years, she served as a consultant/resource person to the Caribbean Institute for Social Formation based in Venezuela and which specialised in human resource development programmes for trade unionists. This Institute was supported by the German-based Konrad Adenauer Foundation. Later, she was elected to the Trinidad and Tobago Parliament. After her four-year stint in formal politics, she returned to her substantive position as a management consultant.
Miss Bhaggan is Administrator at T&T New Life Drug Rehabilitation Centre and consultant/resource person to Living Water Community (one of T&T's largest NGO's). In addition, she conducts programmes in human resource development which include leadership development, supervisory management, conflict resolution, negotiations, team-building, public speaking, time management, stress management, performance counseling and communication. In her social work, she has spent the past eight years in mediation and addiction counseling.
|Date||View Event Calendar|
|Time||8:30 pm – 4:30 pm|
|Cost||TT $4,000.00 (inclusive of training materials, refreshments and Certificate of Participation)
Please note that prices are subject to change without notice.
|Venue||Arthur Lok Jack Graduate School of Business
Lot 39 Union Park West
Brent Cassim - ext. 330
Certificates will only be issued to participants who have attained a minimum attendance rate of 75% for the duration of the course.
Course Cancellation/ Reschedule Policy
Arthur Lok Jack GSB (ALJGSB) reserves the right to cancel training at any time. If ALJGSB cancels the training due to unforeseen circumstances beyond the control of ALJGSB, you are entitled to a full refund of the course fee, or your course fee can be credited toward a future training, based upon availability (providing payments have been made before original advertised date).
ALJGSB reserves the right to reschedule training at any time. If ALJGSB reschedules training due to unforeseen circumstances beyond the control of ALJGSB, the training will take place at the next available time. Participants will be informed via phone and/or e-mails.