This workshop will expose participants to the basic principles of warehousing and stores management. If you are new to stores and warehouse management or lack formal training in the ever changing role of modern warehouse and inventory management this two day workshop is ideal. You will gain valuable knowledge of the effect warehouse and stores management has on the bottom line of a company; be exposed to the systems and tools necessary to effectively manage your warehouse, as well as accurately measure your performance in this area.
This workshop would be particularly beneficial to professionals and others with responsibility for warehousing, stock keeping or inventory control including planners, finance personnel, and personnel involved in production and operations.
The objectives of this workshop are to:
- Analyse the issues and concepts associated with warehouse and stores management.
- Expose participants to systems that effectively manage warehousing and stores activities.
- Provide participants with the tools to accurately measure performance objectives.
- Construct practical steps that reduce obsolescence and write-offs.
- Develop effective decision making skills.
Topics to be covered during this workshop include:
- Warehousing and stores management in the overall supply chain
- The Organisational Structure of a warehouse
- The Role of the Stores Manager
- The Role of Planning in the Stores Function and the relationship between stores and other departments
- Physical aspects of stores management
- Location and construction
- Layout and organisation
- Types of Buildings and equipment
- Stock Classification and types of inventory
- Storekeeping Procedures
- Receipts of Stock
- Issues of Stock
- Order Quantities and Rules
- Safety Stock
- Obsolescence and write-offs
- Stock Identification and Recording Systems
- Coding and other recent methods including RFID
- Warehouse Management Systems
- Stores Security
- The OSH legislation as it affects storekeeping and warehousing
- Types of Stocktaking
- Organisation for Stocktaking
- Verification and Discrepancies
- Measuring Performance in storekeeping and warehousing
- E-Stores Management
Facilitator: Pascall N Marcelin
Mr. Pascall Marcelin is a Procurement and Contracts Consultant with over twenty-five years' experience in Procurement gained from working both as a fulltime executive and on consultancy assignments with both Government and Private Sector institutions. For the past five years he has facilitated Supply Chain Management training courses at the Arthur Lok Jack Graduate School of Business.
|Date||View Event Calendar 12th, 19th, 26th July & 2nd August, 2014|
|Time||8:30 pm – 4:30 pm|
|Cost||TT $4,000.00 (inclusive of training materials, refreshments and Certificate of Participation)
Please note that prices are subject to change without notice.
|Venue||Arthur Lok Jack Graduate School of Business
Tamara Edwards - ext. 157
Certificates will only be issued to participants who have attained a minimum attendance rate of 75% for the duration of the course.
Course Cancellation/ Reschedule Policy
Arthur Lok Jack GSB (ALJGSB) reserves the right to cancel training at any time. If ALJGSB cancels the training due to unforeseen circumstances beyond the control of ALJGSB, you are entitled to a full refund of the course fee, or your course fee can be credited toward a future training, based upon availability (providing payments have been made before original advertised date).
ALJGSB reserves the right to reschedule training at any time. If ALJGSB reschedules training due to unforeseen circumstances beyond the control of ALJGSB, the training will take place at the next available time. Participants will be informed via phone and/or e-mails.