Procurement, Negotiating and Contracting in the current economic climate presents many challenges to Supply Chain Professionals. These challenges, however, are coupled with areas of opportunities such as lower prices. Of these challenges, supply chain vulnerability can be identified as the greatest as suppliers face bankruptcies worldwide and credit becomes almost non-existent.
Today's successful global businesses consider Purchasing as a strategic function that leads and enables change within an organisation. The sourcing strategies of the past can no longer inform the future and it is necessary to reassess your sourcing strategies and take the proactive measures to remove any risk to your supply chain. This programme will engage participants in understanding the tactical and strategic responsibilities of purchasing/supply; the purchasing process; and the role of the buyer in the organisation. The course discusses the business and ethical sides of the procurement function and reviews and defines professionalism in purchasing.
You will be guided through key supply management activities such as sourcing, quote solicitation, supplier selection, supplier management and negotiations. This course also covers legal aspects of purchasing and contracts that every buyer must understand to properly represent their organisation. In addition to reinforcing some of the fundamentals of procurement, this contemporary workshop will introduce participants to strategies that will ensure that their supply chains remain robust enough to withstand the many challenges.
This workshop would be helpful to professionals in functions that interact with purchasing or assume some purchasing duties as part of their job such as:
- Purchasing agents / officers
- Logistics personnel / engineers
- Facility Managers
- Small business owners
The workshop will address the following themes:
- The Role of Purchasing in a Commercial Entity
- The Role of the Purchasing Agent in Supplier Pre Qualification and the Importance of Compliance with EH&S and other Statutory Requirements (e.g. Tax, Insurance)
- Ethical Practices in Purchasing
- Supplier Selection, Development and Evaluation
- Legal Aspects of Purchasing & Supply
- Strategies for Effective Negotiations
- The Role of Inco terms in Risk Allocation
- Effective Purchasing in an Economic Downturn
Facilitator: Mr. Vernon Herny
MR. VERNON HENRY BSc. Management Studies, Dip. Pub Admin., MBA.
- Over twenty-five years in management holding positions, including:
- Materials Manager - Consolidated Appliances Ltd.
- Senior Manager, Materials - National Flour Mills Limited
- Procurement Manager - WITCO
- Supply Chain Manager - Offshore Technology Solutions Limited
- Production Inventory Control Manager - Iron and Steel Company of Trinidad & Tobago
- Marketing Services Manager - Iron & Steel Company of Trinidad & Tobago
- Chief Operating Officer - C.C. Logistics
- Senior Materials Professional - World GTL Trinidad Limited (Current position)
- Director/owner of Purchasing and Materials Management Solutions Limited
- Training and consultancy in Purchasing & Supply
- Supply Management training
- Audit of systems
- Development of policies and procedures
- Business Development, Strategic Planning and general management consultancy for small and medium enterprises.
TRAINING & QUALIFICATIONS
- B.Sc., Management Studies, UWI, St. Augustine
- Dip. Pub. Admin., UWI, St. Augustine
- MBA, Andrews University, Michigan
- Graduate Diploma in Purchasing and Supply, Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply, England.
|Date||20th - 21st October, 2014 View Event Calendar|
|Time||8:30 pm – 4:30 pm|
|Cost||TT $4,000.00 (inclusive of training materials, refreshments and Certificate of Participation)
Please note that prices are subject to change without notice.
|Venue||Arthur Lok Jack Graduate School of Business
Tamara Edwards - ext. 157
Certificates will only be issued to participants who have attained a minimum attendance rate of 75% for the duration of the course.
Course Cancellation/ Reschedule Policy
Arthur Lok Jack GSB (ALJGSB) reserves the right to cancel training at any time. If ALJGSB cancels the training due to unforeseen circumstances beyond the control of ALJGSB, you are entitled to a full refund of the course fee, or your course fee can be credited toward a future training, based upon availability (providing payments have been made before original advertised date).
ALJGSB reserves the right to reschedule training at any time. If ALJGSB reschedules training due to unforeseen circumstances beyond the control of ALJGSB, the training will take place at the next available time. Participants will be informed via phone and/or e-mails.