CFO’s in today’s world are often being asked to step into more than a traditional financial advisory role. The CFO can be seen marketing the company’s brand, representing the company’s ethics, standards and of course representing the face of good financial and corporate governance. Successful CFO leadership requires a deep understanding of; corporate and departmental managerial leadership, communication particularly of financial risk and options to mitigate risk. This program will explore and develop your awareness and skills in the aforementioned areas to make strategy, guidance and internal and effective you a better and more effective Financial Officer and Partner/Advisor to your company, a true ‘C-Suite’ executive of all financially related matters.
Upon completion of this workshop, participants should be able to:
- Present and implement operational cost management solutions to drive growth
- Analyse and present performance based on budget variances both operationally and financially
- Project the risk and rewards of business directions and strategies
- Demonstrate an understanding of the needs of business units and business functions, especially their growth initiatives and performance metrics
- Analyse and compare project resource allocation plans and initiatives
- Develop and implement value based restructuring and growth models
- Communicate financially and non-financially to fellow C-Suite executives
This workshop would be beneficial to:
- Chief Financial Officers
- Vice Presidents and Departmental/Corporate Controllers
- Other Senior Financial Executives with strategic and financial responsibilities
- Senior Financial Accounting or Budget Officers
Designed to run over a 3-day period, the workshop will cover specific deliverables on:
- The department and corporate budget
- Corporate dash-boarding and reporting financial metrics
- Translating financial targets and progress to non-financial executives
- Managing the financial impact of medium and high risk activities
- Communicating financial information non-financially across the organisation
- Building a communication ready finance department
- Presenting summary financial statistics with detail operational supporting frameworks
Facilitator's Bio-Sketch: Mr. Nigel Chinapoo
Nigel is a Director of a number of local and regional ICT and financial service companies and former Chief Information Officer of a multi-national conglomerate of financial and service companies based in the Caribbean. His unique background makes him well qualified for the role of financial and information communications process/technology advisor on operational / change management and new business initiatives. He has over 12 years of experience in the financial and services industry both as a financial/accounting professional and technology/systems executive.
Nigel launched his accounting career with membership and subsequent fellowship of the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) in 1999/2001. He moved directly into the financial services industry in 1999 when he accepted the Finance Manager position with then Colonial Life Insurance Company and its subsidiaries throughout the Caribbean. Subsequent executive management experience includes serving as the head of insurance and financial systems development at SunGard Data Systems in Atlanta as well as Manager of Mergers and Acquisitions at Citigroup. He also served as Chairman and Board Member with several Health and Document Imaging companies based in Trinidad and Tobago. This experience with leading financial organizations is further complemented by his leadership roles in various industry organizations such as Chairman of the E-Teck ICT Cluster advisory Board and member of the Trinidad Chamber of Industry and Commerce’s EBITT committee.
Nigel is a graduate of the University of the West Indies with a BSc. in Economics/Mathematics and is a Fellow of the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (F.C.C.A.).
|Date||October: 29, 30, 31, 2014 - View Event Calendar|
|Time||8:30 pm – 4:30 pm|
|Cost||TT $4,500.00 (inclusive of training materials, refreshments and Certificate of Participation)
Please note that prices are subject to change without notice.
|Venue||Arthur Lok Jack Graduate School of Business
Max Richards Drive,
Uriah Butler Highway, North West,
Certificates will only be issued to participants who have attained a minimum attendance rate of 75% for the duration of the course.
Course Cancellation/ Reschedule Policy
Arthur Lok Jack GSB (ALJGSB) reserves the right to cancel training at any time. If ALJGSB cancels the training due to unforeseen circumstances beyond the control of ALJGSB, you are entitled to a full refund of the course fee, or your course fee can be credited toward a future training, based upon availability (providing payments have been made before original advertised date).
ALJGSB reserves the right to reschedule training at any time. If ALJGSB reschedules training due to unforeseen circumstances beyond the control of ALJGSB, the training will take place at the next available time. Participants will be informed via phone and/or e-mails.