This workshop provides a comprehensive and integrated overview of leadership, management, and organisational development skills in health care, reflecting on the uniqueness of this sector. The workshop integrates theory with practice through case studies, simulations, discussions and coaching.
Development of leadership, managerial, and organisational skills will be accomplished through team exercises and group work. Upon completion of this workshop participants should be able to:
- Demonstrate familiarity with key health care organisational development concepts
- Demonstrate an understanding of, and explain the uniqueness of structures, processes, and interactions within the health care sector
- Create solutions that lead to cost and error reduction, and quality improvement.
- Recognise the different roles and specific challenges for leadership and management in health care.
- Demonstrate management skills critical to professional success in health care.
- Ably demonstrate critical, high-level communication skills (e.g. active listening, questioning, presenting, writing etc.)
- Demonstrate an ability to identify quality challenges within health care organisations.
- Practice, and demonstrate teamwork skills.
- Demonstrate the ability to make complex leadership decisions
- Explore organisational issues in health care.
- Effectively manage the political and business aspects of a healthcare organisation
Topics to be covered include:
- Health Care Leadership and Managerial Principles
- Politics, Power and the Business side of Health Care
- Patient – Centred Care: issues, challenges and strategies
- Resource optimisation – Health Care System Management
- Models for Quality Improvement and Total Quality Management
- Leadership and Engagement; focus on excellence and knowledge base service orientation
- Manner, Ethics and Communication (professional and extraprofessional skill development)
- Knowledge, Technology, Staff and Organisational Development
- Error Reduction, Cost and Health Care Quality Improvement
- Health Care Tools for Continuous Quality Improvement
This workshop was designed specifically for:
- Medical Professionals at all levels
- Health Care Providers at all levels and specialties
- Clinical and non - clinical staff of hospitals and health institutions
- Public Service and government executives related to health care industry
- Independent Contractors and IT professionals related to health care industry
- Public health officers, and health advocates
Facilitator's Bio-Sketch: Dr. Christian Ehiobuche
Dr. Ehiobuche is currently the CEO and Co-founder of Faith Family Health Care LLC., New Jersey based primary health care provider. His expertise and leadership has earned the company ‘best providers awards’ for two years back to back.
As a board member for Union Health Care Systems he seriously advocated for patient- centred clinical and administrative policies that helped the organisation transit from paper to ultimate electronic medical record systems with IHIPPA, OSHA, ISO and other standards compliance without compromising quality or profit.
As an associate and co-founder of Professional Development Consultant, a US based business consultant firm specialised in helping organisations and in particular hospitals and health centres achieve excellence. He developed a model for need diagnostics and training/instructional designs that enable health care professionals improve not only clinical expertise but soft skills that complement their professionalism. Based on his model, over 400 hours of workshops and continuing education courses have been conducted domestically and overseas.
Dr. Ehiobuche has over 50 publications in various professional journals and conference proceedings. Some of the recent titles are:
- Health Care and Culture Clash; The Case of Caribbean Immigrants in the US International Journal of Arts and Science Harvard University Conference Boston MA May 2013
- Total Quality Management and Creative Thinking in the Health Care Industry. International Journal of Research in Commerce and Management Volume No 4 (2013), Issue No 03 Pg. 32-37 ISSN 0976-2183
- Connectedness of Erickson’s Theory to Leadership Development.
Leadership & Organisational Management Journal
Volume 2013 Issue 1 March 15th. 2013. ISSN 2152-8675 OCLC
- Ehiobuche C. Critical Thinking Professional Customer Service and Family Owned Businesses in the Hospitality Industry. Ethics & Critical Thinking Journal. Volume 2012 Issue 4 Dec. 2012 ISSN. 1547-5425. OCLC. 53447909
He is the winner of 2013 Franklin Publisher’s AWARD FOR EXECELLENCE IN RESEARCH.
He holds a Ph.D. Degree in Management Science and International Business, an MBA Degree and an MA Degree.
|Date||October 29th - 31st, 2014 View Event Calendar|
|Time||8:30 pm – 4:30 pm|
|Cost||TT $4,500.00 (inclusive of training materials, refreshments and Certificate of Participation)
Please note that prices are subject to change without notice.
|Venue||Arthur Lok Jack Graduate School of Business
Max Richards Drive,
Uriah Butler Highway, North West,
Umesh Sookoo ext. 367
Certificates will only be issued to participants who have attained a minimum attendance rate of 75% for the duration of the course.
Course Cancellation/ Reschedule Policy
Arthur Lok Jack GSB (ALJGSB) reserves the right to cancel training at any time. If ALJGSB cancels the training due to unforeseen circumstances beyond the control of ALJGSB, you are entitled to a full refund of the course fee, or your course fee can be credited toward a future training, based upon availability (providing payments have been made before original advertised date).
ALJGSB reserves the right to reschedule training at any time. If ALJGSB reschedules training due to unforeseen circumstances beyond the control of ALJGSB, the training will take place at the next available time. Participants will be informed via phone and/or e-mails.