This workshop provides you with a comprehensive plan for identifying, evaluating, soliciting, selling, managing, and coordinating fundraising and sponsorship deals. Explore what the experts know in this highly competitive field, from managing the event, to overseeing staff and volunteers, retaining sponsors, to maximizing gifts and contributions.
This workshop targets event managers and coordinators, corporate communication managers, PR executives or any persons involved in developing sponsorship proposals or contracts for their organisations.
- To sensitise participants to the fundamentals of sponsorship and fundraising
- To give participants the analytical tools to research and conceptualise a sponsorship proposal
- To expose participants to the communication techniques that assist in writing, shopping and servicing effective proposals
- To have participants develop a proposal that will be presented at the end of the training programme
Upon completion of this 2-day workshop, participants should be able to:
- Conduct a comprehensive sponsorship needs assessment and feasibility study
- Identify the difference between sponsorship and donations
- Develop a sponsorship policy
- Craft a sponsorship strategic plan, including tips on writing effective sponsorship proposals, developing sponsorship packages and budgets
- Identify and attract the appropriate human resource needs
- Develop strategies to shop the sponsorship
- Demonstrate an understanding of the legal aspects of sponsorship including developing simple contracts and confidentiality agreements
- Comply with laws governing sponsorship solicitation
- Develop an easy system for monitoring and improving event sponsorship services
- Service the sponsorship and grow sponsor relations
Day One: Sponsorship
- Definitions and differences between sponsorship and fundraising
- Benefits of sponsorship
- Assessment of event for sponsorship
- Types and levels of sponsorship
- Sponsorship business planning and budgeting
- Sponsorship Policy
- Servicing the sponsorship
Day Two: Fundraising and Group Presentations
- Goals and objectives of fundraising event
- Developing the statement of need
- Measurement methods
- Human resource and administrative needs
- Legal and confidentiality agreements
- Group work and presentations
Dr. Suzanne Burke is a development specialist with over fifteen (15) years professional experience, whose work has focused on human resource development, research, and advocacy. She was formally trained in the areas of Psychology Development, and Policy formulation and evaluation. She specialises in work with vulnerable populations such as women, youth and those infected and affected by HIV/AIDS.
Dr. Burke has worked extensively with a wide cross section of public sector enterprises, civil society organisations and private agencies at the local, regional and international levels. Her work has also centred on enterprise development, with specific emphasis on employment creation and income generation.
She also lectures at the University of the West Indies (St. Augustine and Cave Hill) in the areas of Arts and Cultural Enterprise Management, Tourism Management and Event Management.
|Date||View Event Calendar October 16th - 17th, 2014|
|Time||8:30 pm – 4:30 pm|
|Cost||TT $3,000.00 per participant, inclusive of all training materials, lunch, refreshments and certificate
Past and present students of the Professional Certificate in Events
Management from George Washington University pursued at ALJ
Graduate School of Business pay TT$2,700.00
|Venue||Arthur Lok Jack Graduate School of Business
Max Richards Drive,
Uriah Butler Highway, North West,
Anastasia Mohammed ext. 328
Certificates will only be issued to participants who have attained a minimum attendance rate of 75% for the duration of the course.
Course Cancellation/ Reschedule Policy
Arthur Lok Jack GSB (ALJGSB) reserves the right to cancel training at any time. If ALJGSB cancels the training due to unforeseen circumstances beyond the control of ALJGSB, you are entitled to a full refund of the course fee, or your course fee can be credited toward a future training, based upon availability (providing payments have been made before original advertised date).
ALJGSB reserves the right to reschedule training at any time. If ALJGSB reschedules training due to unforeseen circumstances beyond the control of ALJGSB, the training will take place at the next available time. Participants will be informed via phone and/or e-mails.