Employee Turnover is considered to be the silent killer of productivity in businesses today, yet managers have limited knowledge on why people join, stay and leave organisations. International research has indicated that the cost of replacing a productive employee is equivalent to 65% annual salary. Too many companies are not considering the hard work that went into recruiting employees. Intelligent organisations are those that build upon their original investment by assisting employees in gaining new skills as well as by preparing them to face greater challenges through increased responsibility. Retaining and engaging high performing employees build strong organisational culture and improve performance and morale internally. Retaining top talent is crucial as it allows companies to gain and maintain a competitive advantage in markets. It is crucial therefore for managers to be equipped with theoretical knowledge and practical solutions to curb the negative effects of high turnover and to maximise retention of key employees.
This workshop would be beneficial to:
- Human Resource Professionals (Managers/Executives/Practitioners/Consultants)
- Labour Relations Professionals
- Business Owners
At the end of the course participants will:
- Have a clear understanding of the general expectations that organizations have of staff members
- Be able to explain the psychological contract
- Be able to explain a bundle of strategies available to organizations in their attempt to attract and retain valuable staff
- Be able to explain employee engagement and commitment
- Be able to identify the actions organizations must take to facilitate employee engagement and commitment
Topics to be covered during this workshop include:
- Patterns of staff behavior required for organizational functioning and effectiveness
- The psychological contract
- Employee Commitment
- Employee Engagement
- Human Resource Management strategies for eliciting required behavior
- Compensation and Retention
- The relation between Human Resource Development Strategies and Retention
|Date||View Event Calendar|
|Time||8:30 pm – 4:30 pm|
|Cost||TT $4,500.00 (inclusive of training materials, refreshments and Certificate of Participation)
Please note that prices are subject to change without notice.
|Venue||Arthur Lok Jack Graduate School of Business
Max Richards Drive,
Uriah Butler Highway, North West,
Tamara Edwards - ext. 157
Certificates will only be issued to participants who have attained a minimum attendance rate of 75% for the duration of the course.
Course Cancellation/ Reschedule Policy
Arthur Lok Jack GSB (ALJGSB) reserves the right to cancel training at any time. If ALJGSB cancels the training due to unforeseen circumstances beyond the control of ALJGSB, you are entitled to a full refund of the course fee, or your course fee can be credited toward a future training, based upon availability (providing payments have been made before original advertised date).
ALJGSB reserves the right to reschedule training at any time. If ALJGSB reschedules training due to unforeseen circumstances beyond the control of ALJGSB, the training will take place at the next available time. Participants will be informed via phone and/or e-mails.