‘Assessing Stakeholders' spheres of influence and managing expectations’
This workshop will show participants how to map out the bases of power and influence both within and outside their own organisation and to develop their networking skills and personal influencing style so you can build more effective, influential relationships.
Participants will significantly enhance their capability to develop and maintain long-term productive business relationships with key external and internal stakeholders.
This two-day training workshop equips participants with the knowledge and tools to successfully manage stakeholders and influence the adoption of their initiative. This workshop is applicable to all businesses and organizations, and is targeted at anyone who has responsibility to manage change and exert influence.
This workshop would be beneficial to Management Personnel, HR Practitioners, and Business Professionals whose jobs require them to influence internal/external stakeholders.
Upon completion of this workshop, participants should be able to:
- Identify their key stakeholders
- Plan different influencing strategies and know when to apply them
- Demonstrate an understanding of how to strategically plan to influence and manage stakeholders
- Identify their preferred influencing style and the implications of this in different situations
- Extend their range of styles and increase the power of their impact
Topics to be covered include:
- Identifying personal influencing style
- Stakeholder Analysis – building a stakeholder map
- Creating a stakeholder management strategy
- Different Influencing Strategies
- Barriers for successful relationship building
- Understanding different people – individual differences and influencing
- Personal influence, persuasion and negotiation skills
- Conscious communication plan to influence key stakeholders
- Building a framework for maintaining relationships
- Role plays / classroom exercises – stakeholder influencing situations / negotiation skills / exercising personal influence
- How to think and act win-win
Mirza Ali-Mohammed brings a wealth of experience as a practitioner and as a manager in organisations across several sectors. He is the Principal Consultant in his Consulting firm – Caribbean Training and Development.
He is a graduate in Mass Communications from UWI, Mona, Jamaica and has successfully completed an Executive Masters in Business Administration (EMBA) from UWI Arthur Lok Jack Graduate School of Business. He has been certified as a Master Trainer from the National Center for Construction, Education and Research (NCCER), USA.
Mirza has served in several capacities associated with Human Resources and Training & Development. His immediate past position was Divisional Manager, Human Resources and Student Affairs at the National Energy Skills Center (NESC). Prior to that, he served at Petrotrin as a Senior Human Resource Analyst responsible for all Technical Training. Other experiences came from Petrotrin Trinmar Operations, Human Resource department and BWIA Limited, Engineering & Maintenance department.
Mirza previously lectured in the field of Communication Arts at UWI, School of Continuing Studies, as well as John Donaldson Technical Institute. Over the last few years, he has been facilitating a number of training workshops for the Arthur Lok Jack Graduate School of Business and the University of Trinidad and Tobago as well as training & development interventions for several firms.
He has conducted Training & Development interventions for many companies locally and regionally. His areas of expertise include:
- Managing Training and Development
- Training of Trainers
- Conflict Management / Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Organisational Development
- Project Management for Business Professionals
- Effective Presentation Skills
- World Class Customer Service
- Technical Report Writing
- Leadership Development
As a result of Mirza’s unique experience of having worked across several sectors, he is grounded in the reality of everyday organisational issues and challenges.
|Date||View Event Calendar|
|Time||8:30 pm – 4:30 pm|
|Cost||TT $4,000.00 (inclusive of training materials, refreshments and Certificate of Participation)
Please note that prices are subject to change without notice.
|Venue||Arthur Lok Jack Graduate School of Business
Max Richards Drive,
Uriah Butler Highway, North West,
Brent Cassim - ext. 330
Certificates will only be issued to participants who have attained a minimum attendance rate of 75% for the duration of the course.
Course Cancellation/ Reschedule Policy
Arthur Lok Jack GSB (ALJGSB) reserves the right to cancel training at any time. If ALJGSB cancels the training due to unforeseen circumstances beyond the control of ALJGSB, you are entitled to a full refund of the course fee, or your course fee can be credited toward a future training, based upon availability (providing payments have been made before original advertised date).
ALJGSB reserves the right to reschedule training at any time. If ALJGSB reschedules training due to unforeseen circumstances beyond the control of ALJGSB, the training will take place at the next available time. Participants will be informed via phone and/or e-mails.