This workshop provides instruction in the use of an IT risk Management Framework along with case studies and an implementation road map for utilising an IT risk management framework within your organisation private or public. Participants will also learn where and how IT risk management engages and complements ICT governance and compliance activities.
Management personnel responsible for strategy, business development, technology use and others including personnel associated with ICT project delivery and services.
Upon successful completion of this workshop, participants should be able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of the impact and need for a standard framework for IT Risk assessment and management
- Demonstrate how to effectively analyze organizational impact of IT Risk
- Demonstrate how to implement the IT Risk framework to support governance initiatives and IT management practices
- Demonstrate an understanding of core competencies for the development of a roadmap for IT Risk framework implementation within their own organization
- Demonstrate an understanding of Board and Management requirements for IT Risk governance
- Recognise the impact of poor Risk governance
- Identify the Benefits of proper Risk governance
- Utilise the core tools required for IT Risk Management and Governance
Day 1- IT Risks: Whose Business are they?
- What and why an IT Risk Framework?
- Defining IT Risk
- Key issues in IT Risk
- The purpose of IT Risk Frameworks
- Impact and benefits of IT Risk management
- IT Risk Management Best Practices
- Who are the stakeholders?
- Defining the issues roles and responsibilities
- Risk Governance
- Risk Evaluation
- Risk Response
Day 2 – Maximizing the Opportunities in your organization
- Tools for Risk and Opportunity Management
- Frameworks and process models
- Managing Risk in your Organization
- Defining organizational context
- Creating a Risk Management plan
- Establishing Critical Success Factors
- Building impact criterion with Business Relevance
Facilitator: Roger St Hilaire
Roger St Hilaire is an ICT Strategy and Governance Specialist with over 20 years' experience in information systems design, development, implementation, and training. He provides ICT Strategy and governance, consulting and training.
Roger has worked with various United Nations Agencies in the Caribbean. While there he developed and implemented key ICT assessment processes enabling the organization to quickly evaluate ICT needs and establish the requirements for ICT in the native country environment. Systems designed by Roger have improved organization output 3-1 by comparison with similar organizations. His time within the UN system has allowed him to work with several governments across the region from Belize to Suriname, developing and delivering training programmes covering the use of ICT in a government organization, communication and information transfer, information exchange for sustainability, and web content development.
Roger functioned as an ICT Consultant and later headed the Operations Unit at the National ICT Company Ltd. (iGovTT). He also led the internal team for the Security Assessment of the network in 2012, receiving commendations from the partnering Deloitte team for his leadership and understanding of the security, risks and other challenges facing the organization.
Roger has been an Independent Signatory of "The Manifesto for Agile Software Development" since April 2007, a Member of ISACA since December 2008 and acquired CGEIT in 2009 via the grandfathering provision.
He has been part of the ISACA Trinidad and Tobago Chapter's Education Committee and also serves on its current Board as the Research Director & Funding and Academic Liaison. Roger is also a Licensed COBiT 4.1 & 5 Training Provider.
|Date||View Event Calendar|
|Time||8:30 pm – 4:30 pm|
|Cost||TT $4,000.00 (inclusive of training materials, refreshments and Certificate of Participation)
Please note that prices are subject to change without notice.
|Venue||Arthur Lok Jack Graduate School of Business
Max Richards Drive,
Uriah Butler Highway, North West,
Shadeed Ali - ext. 131
Certificates will only be issued to participants who have attained a minimum attendance rate of 75% for the duration of the course.
Course Cancellation/ Reschedule Policy
Arthur Lok Jack GSB (ALJGSB) reserves the right to cancel training at any time. If ALJGSB cancels the training due to unforeseen circumstances beyond the control of ALJGSB, you are entitled to a full refund of the course fee, or your course fee can be credited toward a future training, based upon availability (providing payments have been made before original advertised date).
ALJGSB reserves the right to reschedule training at any time. If ALJGSB reschedules training due to unforeseen circumstances beyond the control of ALJGSB, the training will take place at the next available time. Participants will be informed via phone and/or e-mails.