The wedding planning industry is a multi-billion dollar one and the business of weddings has exploded over the past decade. Couples hire professionals to assist them with some or all of the planning. Learn from a professional wedding planner what you need to know in order to succeed in this exciting business.
This course will teach the fundamentals of setting up a wedding planning business, how to successfully work with vendors and clients, how to troubleshoot and manage issues on the wedding day, plus extra tips to prepare you for a career as a wedding planner. It incorporates the latest trends in wedding design and coordination and participants will also learn how to market for continuous growth.
This course is designed for those who aspire to be professional planners whether full-time or part-time. There are no pre-requisites and it offers important training and insight for event planners, hotel and tourism staff, as well as, anyone interested in acquiring skills for the industry.
Upon completion of this workshop participants should be able to:
- Understand the role of a professional wedding plan
- Gain an understanding of the wedding industry
- Create business contracts and pricing
- Identify the method to structure and set up a wedding planning business and operation
- Manage budgets, timelines, vendor selection and wedding design
- Be familiar with industry specific terminology and communication
- Market within the industry
- Have knowledge of different wedding traditions and cultures and how to incorporate these into the celebration
- Have knowledge of traditional and non-traditional etiquette
- Understand the event planning process necessary to design and deliver a successful wedding
Topics covered in this workshop include:
- The Elements of a Wedding
- Business Research
- Business Legal Set Up
- Business Financial Set Up
- Advertising and Public Relations
- Relationships with the Bride and Her Family
- Evaluation and Follow Up
Simone is the Founder and Managing Director of www.trinidadweddings.com, a wedding website which was established in July 2004 to provide free resources, advice and information to engaged couples and marketing support to wedding vendors. She was the first female internet entrepreneur in Trinidad and Tobago; and the website was the first of its kind in the country. She is currently the Editor-in-Chief of the Trinidad Weddings' Wed-Zine, an annual wedding magazine, published by her company for the past two years.
|Date||View Event Calendar 20th, 22nd, 27th, 29th January, 2015 (Evening Sessions)|
|Time||8:30 pm – 4:30 pm|
|Cost||TT $3,000.00 (inclusive of training materials, refreshments and Certificate of Participation)
Please note that prices are subject to change without notice.
|Venue||Arthur Lok Jack Graduate School of Business
Max Richards Drive,
Uriah Butler Highway, North West,
Brent Cassim - ext. 330
Certificates will only be issued to participants who have attained a minimum attendance rate of 75% for the duration of the course.
Course Cancellation/ Reschedule Policy
Arthur Lok Jack GSB (ALJGSB) reserves the right to cancel training at any time. If ALJGSB cancels the training due to unforeseen circumstances beyond the control of ALJGSB, you are entitled to a full refund of the course fee, or your course fee can be credited toward a future training, based upon availability (providing payments have been made before original advertised date).
ALJGSB reserves the right to reschedule training at any time. If ALJGSB reschedules training due to unforeseen circumstances beyond the control of ALJGSB, the training will take place at the next available time. Participants will be informed via phone and/or e-mails.