Project management is a critical business skill and competency that forms the basic building block of knowledge-based businesses and professions – including Events Planning. Organisations and companies understand that in project management knowledge brings about the ability to plan the cost, time, and resource elements needed to implement the plan; as well as monitor and control the outcome of a project with much more certainty to achieve business goals.
Good project management prevents project disasters and the demand for job applicants with event planning and project management skills is on the rise. Every industry needs the services of skilled event planners/project managers who have the knowledge to get things done on time and within budget!.
Upon completion of this workshop, participants should be able to:
- Ensure that projects are set-up for success from the start.
- Learn the basics for effectively gathering and documenting requirements.
- Develop an integrated project plan including realistic scope, schedules, budgets, and risks—and turn that plan into successful action steps.
- Learn how to effectively track and report on project progress.
- Gain the respect of your project team and build credibility with top management.
The sessions will discuss key concepts, terminology, and roles including:
An Overview of Key Project Management Concepts
- The project triangle
- The definition of the "project"
- The five-core PM stages
Initiating the Project
- Creating a project charter and tying it to the business case
- Gathering and documenting requirements
- Setting customer, sponsor, and team member expectations
Identifying the Work
- Creating the work breakdown structure (WBS) based on the charter and product requirements
- Assigning ownership to tasks
- Scheduling the Work
- Creating precedence (network logic) diagrams to show task dependencies
- Producing Gantt charts to graph project timelines
- Determining the critical path and calculating float
Managing the Project
- Monitoring and controlling
- Managing change
- Managing risks
Facilitator: Mr. Mirza Ali-Mohammed
Mr. Mirza Ali-Mohammed
|Date||18th - 20th March, 2015 View Event Calendar|
|Time||8:30 pm – 4:30 pm|
|Cost||TT $3,500.00 (inclusive of training materials, refreshments and Certificate of Participation)
Please note that prices are subject to change without notice.
|Venue||Arthur Lok Jack Graduate School of Business
Max Richards Drive,
Uriah Butler Highway, North West,
Brent Cassim - ext. 330
Certificates will only be issued to participants who have attained a minimum attendance rate of 75% for the duration of the course.
Course Cancellation/ Reschedule Policy
Arthur Lok Jack GSB (ALJGSB) reserves the right to cancel training at any time. If ALJGSB cancels the training due to unforeseen circumstances beyond the control of ALJGSB, you are entitled to a full refund of the course fee, or your course fee can be credited toward a future training, based upon availability (providing payments have been made before original advertised date).
ALJGSB reserves the right to reschedule training at any time. If ALJGSB reschedules training due to unforeseen circumstances beyond the control of ALJGSB, the training will take place at the next available time. Participants will be informed via phone and/or e-mails.