This 3–day workshop is designed to provide a broad understanding of the theoretical and practical ideas that contribute to the improvement of Treasury Management in the organisation. It will also explore Risk Management assessment and procedures that are used to identify and analyse the decision-making process that is necessary to mitigate these risks.
- Traders in Foreign Currency
- Treasury Personnel
- Accountants / Finance Managers
- Students in Financial Management or CFA
- Investment Managers
- Financial & Credit Analysts
This workshop will provide a broad understanding of:
- The theoretical & practical objectives of Treasury Management in an organisation
- Best practice Trading, Cash Management & Exposure Management (Hedging) techniques
- Enterprise Risk Management assessment methods and processes used to identify, quantify, analyse & mitigate these risks
- The use of the Balance Sheet and Budgets to forecast and control cash flow while efficiently managing resources to meet expected liquidity obligations
- The use of Ratio Analysis to determine a corporation's efficiency and utilisation of resources
- Management's involvement and responsibility to properly control assets and liabilities; their roles and responsibilities
Designed to run over a 3-day period, the workshop will cover specific deliverables on:
- Treasury's role and responsibilities; Treasury as a Profit Centre; Treasury's advisory-role, duties, resources and importance to an organisations long term success, including the role of Treasury, Treasury Decisions and Treasury links within an organisation, Use of Financial Instruments and Interest Rate Management
- Risk Measurement Techniques & Evaluation, including Foreign Exchange and Commodity Risks, including an overview of Foreign Exchange Market & factors affecting Foreign Exchange Trading Prices
- Asset and Liability Management which incorporates the factors affecting Interest Rates & Interest Rate Forecasting
- Cash Flow Management (including Debt Management) for the organisation
- Project Risk Management, Credit Analysis, Loan Performance Evaluation and remedial actions
- Understanding bonds, bond pricing and evaluation of investment alternatives
- Trading In Options, Financial Risk Management, Financial Derivatives and their uses and legal documentation
- Understanding of Enterprise Risk Management and the management of Risk Exposures i.e. De-risking an organisation
Facilitator: Mr. Ian Chinapoo
Currently in his 5th year at First Caribbean International Bank, Mr. Ian Chinapoo is the Managing Director - Investment Banking. Prior to joining First Caribbean International Bank, Ian worked as Vice-President, Business Head (CGIB) - Citibank NA, Bahamas, where he was responsible for the operations of Citigroup's Global Corporate and Investment Bank. He was also part of Citigroup's team based in Miami in his role as Vice-President - Senior Transactor- Andean, Caribbean and Central America.
Ian holds a BSc in Accounting with First Class Honours from the University of the West Indies and has tutored and lectured in the EMBA, IMBA, Advanced Diploma in Human Resources and CIMA programmes at the Arthur Lok Jack School of Business.
|Date||View Event Calendar|
|Time||8:30 pm – 4:30 pm|
|Cost||TT $4,500.00 (inclusive of training materials, refreshments and Certificate of Participation)
Please note that prices are subject to change without notice.
|Venue||Arthur Lok Jack Graduate School of Business
Max Richards Drive,
Uriah Butler Highway, North West,
Brent Cassim - ext. 330
Certificates will only be issued to participants who have attained a minimum attendance rate of 75% for the duration of the course.
Course Cancellation/ Reschedule Policy
Arthur Lok Jack GSB (ALJGSB) reserves the right to cancel training at any time. If ALJGSB cancels the training due to unforeseen circumstances beyond the control of ALJGSB, you are entitled to a full refund of the course fee, or your course fee can be credited toward a future training, based upon availability (providing payments have been made before original advertised date).
ALJGSB reserves the right to reschedule training at any time. If ALJGSB reschedules training due to unforeseen circumstances beyond the control of ALJGSB, the training will take place at the next available time. Participants will be informed via phone and/or e-mails.