Taxation is a legal requirement imposed by governments on individuals and organisations to fund the expenditures of the State. As such an understanding of the instruments that govern these tax regulations is imperative to ensure compliance.
This half-day workshop therefore seeks to inform participants of the recent taxation developments in Trinidad and Tobago, such as:
- An update on the Finance Act 2010;
- The requirements for compliance: filing of returns, taxes to be paid, expenses that could be claimed;
- An outline of the procedure with respect to how tax audits reach to the legal department and the courts; and
- An overview of the computerised system in the Board of Inland Revenue.
This half-day session will be of particular benefit to professionals who deal with taxation issues. These may include:
- Lawyers in financial and taxation specialities
- Banking professionals
- Persons in other financial institutions
- Professionals in small/medium companies
The highlights of this session are to give an:
- Overview and explanation of the provisions of the Finance Act 2010 relating to the tax legislation; and
- Explanation of the tax amnesty and the taxes covered under the amnesty.
Facilitator: Ms. Shireen Aziz
Ms. Shireen Aziz is an attorney at law who has been the Assistant Chief State Counsel at the Board of Inland Revenue for the past eighteen (18) years. She has extensive knowledge with regards to analysing and providing legal interpretation on tax matters. Her portfolio includes liaising with officials at the Ministry of Finance to discuss changes in tax legislation, and monitoring and the regulatory financial and tax environment.
Ms. Aziz's qualifications include an International Masters in Business Administration from the Arthur Lok Jack Graduate School of Business, a Legal Education certificate from the Hugh Wooding Law School, and a Bachelor of Laws (Hons) Degree from the University of London.
|Date||View Event Calendar|
|Time||8:30 pm – 4:30 pm|
|Cost||TT $800.00 (inclusive of training materials, refreshments and Certificate of Participation)
Please note that prices are subject to change without notice.
|Venue||Arthur Lok Jack Graduate School of Business
Max Richards Drive,
Uriah Butler Highway, North West,
Brent Cassim - ext. 330
Certificates will only be issued to participants who have attained a minimum attendance rate of 75% for the duration of the course.
Course Cancellation/ Reschedule Policy
Arthur Lok Jack GSB (ALJGSB) reserves the right to cancel training at any time. If ALJGSB cancels the training due to unforeseen circumstances beyond the control of ALJGSB, you are entitled to a full refund of the course fee, or your course fee can be credited toward a future training, based upon availability (providing payments have been made before original advertised date).
ALJGSB reserves the right to reschedule training at any time. If ALJGSB reschedules training due to unforeseen circumstances beyond the control of ALJGSB, the training will take place at the next available time. Participants will be informed via phone and/or e-mails.