This 3-day workshop is designed to explore the forensic accounting framework and practical steps to forensic investigation and the conduct of interviews and audits. Participants will walk through the development of engagement letters and the associated service elements. The course will also cover the investigative reports and recommendations for organizations to manage their high risk transactions and environments.
- Internal audit practitioners
- Operational managers
- Governance and compliance practitioners
- Financial control officers
Upon completion of this workshop, Participants should be able to:
- Understand forensic accounting and identify types of litigation service roles of a forensic accountant
- Explore fraud investigations and steps in conducting a fraud investigation
- Explain the differences between financial statement audits and fraud investigations
- Understand the key elements in obtaining a successful interview and conducting an admission-statement interview
- Conduct special interviews with members of senior management
- Draft engagement letters and what they represent
- Develop the elements of a records retention policy
- Demonstrate an understanding of what constitutes a good expert report and the sections of a fraud report
- Fraud risk assessment within the organization
- The importance of a strong code of ethics
- Benford's Law and how this can be used in digital analysis
- Explore the diversity of software and technology tools that can assist in the detection and prevention of fraud
Designed to run over a 3-day period, the workshop will cover specific deliverables on:
- An overview of forensic investigations
- Fraud investigations
- The engagement letter
- Reviewing the expert report
- Key components and issues in an expert witness testimony
- Fraud risk assessment
- Key tools of a fraud investigator
- Discovering deception in a written statement
Facilitator: Nigel Chinapoo
Nigel is a Director of Rolley Holdings a local financial and information communication technology consulting firm and has held positions with a number of local and regional ICT and financial service companies. His unique background makes him well qualified to advise on corporate financial value chains and the role of technology in existing operational / change management and new business initiatives. He has over 18 years of experience in the financial and services industry both as a financial/accounting professional and technology/systems executive.
Nigel launched his accounting career with membership and subsequent fellowship of the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) in 1999/2001. He moved directly into the financial services industry with positions in financial and management accounting as well as corporate financial strategy and mergers and acquisition for regional corporates and their subsidiaries throughout the Caribbean. Subsequent executive management experience includes serving as the head of insurance and financial systems development at SunGard Data Systems in Atlanta as well as Manager of Mergers and Acquisitions at Citigroup. He also served as Chairman and Board Member with several Health and Document Imaging companies based in Trinidad and Tobago. This experience with leading financial organizations is further complemented by his leadership roles in various industry organizations including the E-Teck ICT Cluster advisory Board and member of the Trinidad Chamber of Industry and Commerce's EBITT committee.
Nigel is a graduate of the University of the West Indies with a BSc. In Economics/Mathematics and is a Fellow of the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (F.C.C.A.).
|Date||View Event Calendar|
|Time||8:30 pm – 4:30 pm|
|Cost||TT $4,500.00 (inclusive of training materials, refreshments and Certificate of Participation)
Please note that prices are subject to change without notice.
|Venue||Arthur Lok Jack Graduate School of Business
Max Richards Drive,
Uriah Butler Highway, North West,
Umesh Sookoo - ext. 367
Certificates will only be issued to participants who have attained a minimum attendance rate of 75% for the duration of the course.
Course Cancellation/ Reschedule Policy
Arthur Lok Jack GSB (ALJGSB) reserves the right to cancel training at any time. If ALJGSB cancels the training due to unforeseen circumstances beyond the control of ALJGSB, you are entitled to a full refund of the course fee, or your course fee can be credited toward a future training, based upon availability (providing payments have been made before original advertised date).
ALJGSB reserves the right to reschedule training at any time. If ALJGSB reschedules training due to unforeseen circumstances beyond the control of ALJGSB, the training will take place at the next available time. Participants will be informed via phone and/or e-mails.