Working effectively with customers demands more than customer care. Today's customers want to deal with real professionals, representing organisations that meet their high expectations. Your customers may be internal (within your organisation) or external (outside your organisation). The skills needed are very similar, and this Best Practice Guide will help you to focus on improving the skills that you need to deliver quality service.
The workshop aims to cover all the knowledge and skills needed to deliver excellent customer service. It delivers all the concepts, knowledge and understanding through simple explanations and examples enabling you to improve your skills by carrying out relevant, work-based activities involving your own customers.
You individually play a key part in the success of your organisation. As a customer service professional you can make the difference for the customer. Your actions can turn new or even unhappy customers into loyal ambassadors for your organisation. Your skills and knowledge can provide customers with exactly what they are looking for. This will encourage them to return to your organisation over and over again - and this in turn can bring financial success.
Your organisation has ambitious aims and objectives. But without you and your fellow professionals working well as a customer service team, those plans cannot be realised. So as you progress through this improvement workshop, remember that it is all about you. You can develop your skills in dealing with customers to the highest possible level. You can not only achieve success on behalf of your organisation, but you can also gain yourself - through job satisfaction, reward and recognition.
This workshop would be beneficial to all persons involved at the front line interface for all companies.
When you have successfully read through all the explanations and completed all the activities in this workshop you should be able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of the basic concepts of customer service
- Recognise the importance to of receiving excellent customer service
- Demonstrate an understanding of how an organisation's reputation can depend upon the delivery of excellent customer service
- Distinguish between different levels of customer service
- Demonstrate an understanding of how the service offer can be enhanced by added service value
- Explain a range of methods of measuring customer service
- Identify moments of truth in a customer service context
- Describe the importance of effective communication in the delivery of customer service
- Choose the most appropriate communication method to suit a specific customer service situation
- Recognise the value of effective verbal and non-verbal communication skills in customer service transactions
- Choose behaviour that is appropriate to a specific customer service situation
- Identify & explain the benefits, features and methods of using information and communications technology (ICT) in order to deliver effective customer service
- Demonstrate an understanding of effective methods of team working in the delivery of customer service
- Identify examples of working in partnership with other organisations
- Identify the skills of emotional intelligence that are relevant to customer service
- Demonstrate an understanding of the effects of submissive, assertive and aggressive behaviours on others
- Recognize how personal attitude, health and emotional state affect your ability to deliver excellent customer service
- Plan and carry out activities that are needed for your own professional development
Topics to be covered during this workshop include:
- Basic concepts of customer service
- Developing relationships with your customers
- Communicating effectively
- Delivering service excellence through teamwork
- Systems for delivering service excellence
- The 'you' factor
Facilitator: Ms. Azra Nathudkhan
Managing Director of Customer 1st Caribbean Limited and Consultant for Service Excellence Delivery
Azra has worked in Higher Education, specialising in Vocational training for over ten years. She worked as a Sector Development Specialist at the National Training Agency of Trinidad and Tobago; creating and implementing National Occupational Standards for various sectors in Trinidad, primarily hospitality and energy. She has been in Customer Service for many years, and has customised training programmes for companies in Trinidad and is working with other Caribbean islands assisting them in their service delivery programmes. Azra is also on the Board of Directors of the Metal Industries Company Limited (MIC).
Through her work both here in Trinidad and in the United Kingdom, Azra has gained an immense appreciation for the investment that companies make in the recruitment and selection process and by extension the interview. She has interviewed many a person as Director of Customer 1st and being on the Board of MIC. She has also been instrumental in the interviewing process for candidates for companies in the downstream oil and gas arena. Her training and expertise has lent to her capacity as an excellent interviewer with exceptional foresight and communication skills. She assisted at the Fifth Summit of The Americas to assist in the recruitment process of all the volunteers who worked for the Summit. On an annual basis she travels to the UK to assist the principal company Customer 1st International in their selection and recruitment process for several companies in the United Kingdom.
She became a Master Trainer for Customer 1st International, meeting all their standards and prerequisites. She is the exclusive representative for the entire Caribbean and is licensed to deliver all their learning resources. She also delivers training for various soft skills for companies.
Azra is also a certified on-line trainer (Moodle) and has trained over three hundred persons via an e-learning portal.
Azra Nathudkhans' qualifications include Master Trainer for Service Excellence Delivery, Award for Customer Service Managers (UK), BA in English Literature (Hons, UWI) Diploma in Public Relations, Diploma in Broadcasting and Voice Culture.
|Date||View Event Calendar|
|Time||8:30 pm – 4:30 pm|
|Cost||TT $3,800.00 (inclusive of training materials, refreshments and Certificate of Participation)
Please note that prices are subject to change without notice.
|Venue||Arthur Lok Jack Graduate School of Business
Max Richards Drive,
Uriah Butler Highway, North West,
Brent Cassim - ext. 330
Certificates will only be issued to participants who have attained a minimum attendance rate of 75% for the duration of the course.
Course Cancellation/ Reschedule Policy
Arthur Lok Jack GSB (ALJGSB) reserves the right to cancel training at any time. If ALJGSB cancels the training due to unforeseen circumstances beyond the control of ALJGSB, you are entitled to a full refund of the course fee, or your course fee can be credited toward a future training, based upon availability (providing payments have been made before original advertised date).
ALJGSB reserves the right to reschedule training at any time. If ALJGSB reschedules training due to unforeseen circumstances beyond the control of ALJGSB, the training will take place at the next available time. Participants will be informed via phone and/or e-mails.