Many of the current leaders/executives in the private and public sector (locally and globally) are not trained in Risk Management and therefore the important risk and compliance mantra of "tone at the top" suffers from deficiencies. An important outcome of this programme is the transformation of executives/senior management as enablers of an effective risk culture at their institutions. Risk culture captures not only an organisation's approach to risk but the approach of individuals responsible for leadership in an organisation. It has been demonstrated that one factor being employed in improving a country's competitive advantage lies in embedding an effective Risk Management culture (e.g. Pakistan)
An ineffective Risk Management process can negatively impact the financial health and reputation of any organisation. Most organisations have had to re-focus Risk Management in the aftermath of global crisis, a major operational failure or some disastrous event. This workshop is aimed at supporting top management teams and company boards in evaluating the effectiveness of their Risk Management function.
- Board Members
- Executive Management
- Senior Management
- Other Leaders
Upon completion of this workshop, participants should be able to:
- Identify and explain the requirements and key elements of an effective Risk Management programme, including leadership support, strategic planning/direction and proactive risk mitigation strategies to build sustainable competitive advantage.
- Explore ideas, concepts and tools that will help them to demonstrate how their programme can be enhanced to incorporate the elements of an effective Risk Management approach.
- Ensure good risk governance and deliver an embedded Risk Management Culture.
- Discuss new emerging risks that may not be but MUST be part of your existing framework and controls to mitigate said risks.
Topics to be covered during this workshop include:
- Background and overview of current developments - a facilitated review of your organisation's current Risk Management and risk reporting structures and identifying the strengths and opportunities
- Improving your understanding of Risk Management principles and practices and formulating a strategy to enhance your Risk Management process to a new level of effectiveness
- Implementing outcomes-based Risk Management and exploring how to embed Risk Management into the existing corporate structure and culture
- Enhancing the risk culture of your organisation and creating more risk intelligent employees
- The requirements and key elements of an effective Risk Management programme, including leadership support, strategic planning/direction and proactive risk mitigation strategies to build sustainable competitive advantage.
- New emerging risks that may not be but MUST be part of your existing framework and controls to mitigate said risks
- What you don't know can hurt you - How to ensure that executives/leaders are made aware of strategic/operational risks.
Ken recently returned to Trinidad and serves as Managing Director and lead consultant at KHBC Limited, a risk management consulting company. (khbclimited.com)
Ken's career was built over the last 23 years working in the United States and London in the field of Operational Risk Management, International Operations, and Business Process Re-engineering.
|Date||View Event Calendar|
|Time||8:30 pm – 4:30 pm|
|Cost||TT $4,000.00 (inclusive of training materials, refreshments and Certificate of Participation)
Please note that prices are subject to change without notice.
|Venue||Arthur Lok Jack Graduate School of Business
Max Richards Drive,
Uriah Butler Highway, North West,
Brent Cassim - ext. 330
Certificates will only be issued to participants who have attained a minimum attendance rate of 75% for the duration of the course.
Course Cancellation/ Reschedule Policy
Arthur Lok Jack GSB (ALJGSB) reserves the right to cancel training at any time. If ALJGSB cancels the training due to unforeseen circumstances beyond the control of ALJGSB, you are entitled to a full refund of the course fee, or your course fee can be credited toward a future training, based upon availability (providing payments have been made before original advertised date).
ALJGSB reserves the right to reschedule training at any time. If ALJGSB reschedules training due to unforeseen circumstances beyond the control of ALJGSB, the training will take place at the next available time. Participants will be informed via phone and/or e-mails.