This two-day workshop will provide participants with a broad knowledge of Total Management approaches used in all sectors of private and public organisations including manufacturing, service, agriculture, etc. Participants will apply their knowledge during a training simulation in which they interview customers in order to identify and respond to their requirements.
This workshop will explore the use of various methods and recent developments of quality control such as QA/QC, Deming and TQM. Quality in design and planning is stressed as equally important as quality in the constructed project and quality in the production of goods and services. This programme familiarises participants with quality control techniques, quality assurance issues and quality management methods and leadership.
This workshop would be beneficial to:
- Managers at any level within the organisation
- Senior staff-persons with responsibility for several operating units
- Staff with the responsibility for supporting a manger in his/her duties
- Anyone interested in quality improvement, customer satisfaction and leadership
- Participants will be able to elicit from the customer clear statements of requirements and specifications and share related documentation throughout the process to assure quality improvement and customer satisfaction.
- They will be able to identify a variety of goals that need to be achieved and give reasons why the proposed process plan should enable the goals to be achieved.
- After exploring the principles and effects of various quality improvement programmes, participants will be able to state how these effects may be observed in a manufacturing process.
- After reviewing customer needs and expectations, participants will be able to discuss eight factors that support customer satisfaction.
- After exploring the roles of responsibilities of designers, engineers, and technicians, participants will be able to state the responsibilities of each, how they contribute to a product's development, and why they must communicate with each other.
Material will be presented using a variety of teaching approaches including lectures, in-class exercises, multimedia cases, short videos, web site exercises, case analysis and presentations, and group discussions of assigned readings. When possible a cooperative, learner-centered learning approach will be utilised to enable a high level of participant involvement.
Topics to be covered during this workshop include:
- Quality Basics and History
- Quality Advocates
- Quality Improvement
2. Total Quality Management
- Quality Management
3. Quality Improvement Techniques
- Pareto Diagrams
- Cause-Effect Diagrams
- Scatter Diagrams
- Run Charts
- Cause and Effect Diagrams
4. Other variable control charts
- Individuals and Moving Range Charts
- Moving Average and Moving Range Charts
- Charts for Individuals
- Median and Range Charts
5. Fundamentals of Profitability
- Basic Concepts and Definitions
- Discrete Probability Distributions
- Continuous Probability Distributions
6. Control Charts for Attributes
- Control Charts for Non-conforming Units
- Control Charts for Counts of Non-conforming Units
7. Statistical Concepts
- Measures of Central Tendency
- Measure of Dispersion
- Concepts of Population and Samples
- Normal Curves
8. Control Charts for Variables
- Variation: Common vs. Special Causes
- Control Chart Techniques
- X-bar and R chart Correlation
- X-bar and S charts
9. Control Chart Interpretation and Analysis
- Using Charts to Pinpoint Problems
- Process Capability
- Product Life Cycle
- Measures of Reliability
11. Quality Costs
- Quality Cost Measurement
- Utilising Quality Costs for Decision-Making
12. Advanced Topics
- Quality Function Deployment
- Design of Experiments
13. Quality Systems: ISO 9000, Six Sigma
- Certification Requirements
- Evolving Standards
14. Benchmarking and Auditing
- Reaching World Class Standards
Facilitator: Dr. Christian Ehiobuche
As a graduate student Dr. Ehiobuche was involved in research, and projects related to North American Free Trade Agreement giving him the first hand exposure to the world of international trade, and US government foreign affairs policy. On graduation he worked for Puma Conglomerate Group, as a Foreign Trade Executive responsible for business development in developing countries. Later he served as a Senior Executive with Express Financials. His responsibilities involved recruiting and training Finance Executive for Mexico and South American countries.
For six years as a partner with SCAP Inc. a Mexican Based Consulting Firm Dr Ehiobuche and his team helped dozens of organisations develop and implemented Total Quality Management programmes, Change management programmes, organisational and leadership development programmes, internationalisation and globalisation projects. He developed and conducted seminars and managements devolvement training sessions around these topics for over two thousand hours in more than twenty countries and consequently published three books all related to TQM and globalisation.
His Research and Leadership programmes for over three thousand front line and middle level managers at State owned Iron and Steel Industry in Monclova Mexico earned him a Presidential Award/ Recognition from the Office of the President Federal Republic of Mexico.
In his capacity as an Academic, Dr. Ehiobuche has taught Management and International Business courses at graduate and undergraduate levels in various Institutions including University of South Carolina: Graduate School of Management, The University of Mayab Merida Mexico and The University of Wales United Kingdom as a guest professor.
Dr. Ehiobuche has over thirty publications in various professional journals and conference proceedings. The most recent two are titled:
"Global Financial Crisis and the Impact of Interest Rate Deregulation in Small and Medium Enterprises". Journal of Entrepreneurship, Cambridge November 2010.
"G: 20; Africa and Global Financial Crisis" Journal of International Diversity Volume 2010
Currently he is the CEO and Co-founder of Faith Family Health Care Co. a New Jersey based primary health care provider.
He holds a Doctor of Philosophy Degree in Management Science and International Business from National Polytechnics Institute of Mexico.
|Date||View Event Calendar|
|Time||8:30 pm – 4:30 pm|
|Cost||TT $4,000.00 (inclusive of training materials, refreshments and Certificate of Participation)
Please note that prices are subject to change without notice.
|Venue||Arthur Lok Jack Graduate School of Business
Max Richards Drive,
Uriah Butler Highway, North West,
Brent Cassim - ext. 330
Certificates will only be issued to participants who have attained a minimum attendance rate of 75% for the duration of the course.
Course Cancellation/ Reschedule Policy
Arthur Lok Jack GSB (ALJGSB) reserves the right to cancel training at any time. If ALJGSB cancels the training due to unforeseen circumstances beyond the control of ALJGSB, you are entitled to a full refund of the course fee, or your course fee can be credited toward a future training, based upon availability (providing payments have been made before original advertised date).
ALJGSB reserves the right to reschedule training at any time. If ALJGSB reschedules training due to unforeseen circumstances beyond the control of ALJGSB, the training will take place at the next available time. Participants will be informed via phone and/or e-mails.