This workshop covers the theory of marketing and the actualisation of the theory in business. It includes the theory and practice of marketing management, examining areas such as the marketing role within the firm, the marketing mix, marketing strategy planning, marketing segmentation, intermediate customers and the uncontrollable variables in the marketing environment.
This workshop would be beneficial to newly appointed marketers with less than 3 years of experience in marketing, as well as product, brand and advertising officers, and business professionals who need to understand the importance of marketing's role within an organisation.
Upon completion of this workshop, participants should be able to:
- Appreciate the role and relevance of marketing in the present day society and firms
- Develop an understanding of the business environment and how it may have an impact on the organisation
- Find target market opportunities
- Understand the role of market segmentation
- Understand the process of consumer buying
- Understand the role of each element of marketing mix - product, price, promotion and distribution
- Able to demonstrate an ability to manage marketing based on an understanding of these elements
The workshop will be conducted using lectures, cases, power point presentations, and simulation. Role-plays and other management games will be used throughout the workshop to stimulate interest among the participants.
Topics to be covered over the 2 days include:
- Marketing in the Current Era
- Developing Marketing Strategies and Plans
- Understanding Our Customer
- Marketing Game Brief
- 1st and 2nd Set of Decisions and Discussion
- Who are our customers? What they want?
- Why do they buy from us? How to deal with them?
- 3rd and 4th Set of Decisions and Discussion
- Competition and Product Strategy
- 5th and 6th Set of Decisions and Discussion
- Reaching our customer and offering something new...
- 7th and 8th Set of Decisions and Discussion
- Surgery and Closing
Facilitator: Dr. Raghava Rao Gundala
Dr. Raghava Rao Gundala
BCom, MBA, PGDMSM, FCIM, PhD
Assistant Professor of Marketing
University of Wisconsin-Stout
Dr Raghava Rao Gundala received his Ph.D. in marketing and has over 16 years of experience teaching in the US, Middle East, the Caribbean, Europe and India. He has taught and designed a variety of courses to the Undergraduate and Postgraduate students in higher education as well as programmes specialising in Professional Development. Dr Gundala is also an experienced manager/entrepreneur with extensive experience in the field of marketing pharmaceutical preparations. His research interests center on the areas of International Marketing, Branding, Consumer Behaviour, and New Product Development Marketing in the Developing Economies. Dr Gundala is also an active trainer who designed and conducted a number of workshops and marketing consultancies for his clients. Dr. Gundala also supervises a range of PhD/MPhil programmes and has successfully supervised students to their completion level.
|Date||25th - 26th March, 2015View Event Calendar|
|Time||8:30 pm – 4:30 pm|
|Cost||TT $3,500.00 (inclusive of training materials, refreshments and Certificate of Participation)
Please note that prices are subject to change without notice.
|Venue||Arthur Lok Jack Graduate School of Business
Max Richards Drive,
Uriah Butler Highway, North West,
Tamara Edwards - ext. 157
Certificates will only be issued to participants who have attained a minimum attendance rate of 75% for the duration of the course.
Course Cancellation/ Reschedule Policy
Arthur Lok Jack GSB (ALJGSB) reserves the right to cancel training at any time. If ALJGSB cancels the training due to unforeseen circumstances beyond the control of ALJGSB, you are entitled to a full refund of the course fee, or your course fee can be credited toward a future training, based upon availability (providing payments have been made before original advertised date).
ALJGSB reserves the right to reschedule training at any time. If ALJGSB reschedules training due to unforeseen circumstances beyond the control of ALJGSB, the training will take place at the next available time. Participants will be informed via phone and/or e-mails.