This two-day workshop addresses some of the major trends and successful practices in advertising and promotions. The main objective is to expose practitioners to valuable tools and information that can assist them in their day to day effectiveness and efficiency as a marketing, advertising or communications specialist. The workshop is designed to assist participants in identifying the best media and advertising strategies to reach specific target audiences.
This workshop will be beneficial to:
- Advertising Executives
- Marketing Managers
- Small Business Owners
- Brand Managers
- Corporate Communications Officers
- Professionals who are involved in marketing, advertising and promotions and want to take their business to the next level
Upon completion the workshop, participants should be able to understand and have the ability to apply the following topics to their day-to-day activities:
- Integrated Marketing Communications
- Strategic Planning for advertising and promotions
- Analysis of public relations opportunities
- The implications of media on corporate image and advertising
- Advertising Tools and Techniques
- Social Media
- Media Placement and Selection
- Communication Process
- Endorser Selection and Management
- Brand Management
- Brand Positioning
- Trade Promotions
Topics to be covered during this workshop include:
Introduction to Advertising and Promotions
- Group introductions
- Overview and course objectives
- Industry Overview
- What is PR? Where, when and why it is useful?
- What is advertising? How to break the clutter?
- Different advertising and PR trends and practices
- Examples of successful local and international campaigns.
- Advertising Strategies
- Crafting the Message
- Utilising different appeals
- Consumer Decision Making Process
- Consistent messaging
- Market Segmentation and Target Marketing
- One Voice
- Positioning Platforms- 4 Ps
- Push vs. Pull Strategies
- What is IMC and why is it useful
- How to build a brand or convey a message using IMC
- Understanding brand impact and equity.
Branding & Media Selection/Utilisation Strategies
- Evaluating a brand's perception in the minds of the consumer- knowledge gap
- Brand Positioning, Perceptual Mapping, Brand Audits
- Examining Brand Identity/Personality
- Examining Brand Equity and Customer Lifetime Value
- Corporate versus Product Branding- Services component
- How to chose endorsers- key characteristics
- Evaluating Endorser Success
- Media Selection and Utilization Strategies
- Developing and Evaluating Advertising Budgets
- Utilising and Evaluating Advertising and PR firms
- Conducting consumer related research
- Common strategies for various media
- Evaluating media use and success
- Customer Service and its role in branding
- Service Characteristics
- The role of Customer Service in developing a brand
- Service Gaps
- Branding through delivery
Strategic Planning for Your Brand
- Overview and Recap of Day 1
- Situational Analysis
- Environmental Scanning
- Primary and Secondary Research
- Competitor Analysis
- Brand Analysis
- Strategic Plans for Advertising and Promotions
- Advertising Objectives
- SWOT analysis
- Objectives, Strategies, Tactics
- Promotions within the supply chain B2B
- Why is the supply chain critical?
- Utilising trade promotions
- Developing strategic partnerships within the advertising and media supply chain.
Social Media and Guerilla Marketing
- Social Media
- What is social media
- Best sites- Statistics
- Media Best Trends
- Best Practices and Trends
- Managing your social media site, the Dos and Don'ts.
- Using Social Media Effectively
- Developing innovative strategies for social media
- Evaluating your site effectiveness
- Advertising using social media.
- Guerilla Marketing
- Tracking event waste
- Managing disposal options
- Reporting waste criteria and evaluating success levels
- De-briefing at client and supply chain levels
- Wrap up
Facilitator: Dr. Sacha Joseph-Mathews
Dr. Sacha Joseph-Mathews is a Marketing Professor at the Eberhardt School of Business at the University of the Pacific. Professor Joseph-Mathews received her PhD in Business Administration with a specialisation in Marketing and a Master of Science degree in Tourism and Hospitality Management from Florida State University. She holds a Bachelor of Arts degree in Mass Communications from the University of the West Indies, Mona Campus.
Dr. Joseph-Mathews has been working and teaching in Marketing and Tourism Management for over 10 years, teaching courses such as International Marketing, International Business, Marketing Management, Services Marketing, Advertising and Promotions, Hospitality and Services Management and Event Planning. She teaches at the undergraduate, graduate and executive levels, doing both curriculum training for the University of the Pacific, where she is employed full time as well as contract work for other institutions. In addition to her teaching responsibility at Pacific she has also developed and taught in the academic programme in Event Management for Sacramento State University and has taught several executive training programmes on topics such as Customer Service Management, Introduction to International Business, Advertising and Promotions, Workplace Communications and International Exporting for small businesses. She has made presentations to the Northern California World Trade Organisation on Strategies for International Market Entry and teaches Customer Service Strategies in an executive training programme at the Westgate Management Center in Stockton, California.
|Date||View Event Calendar|
|Time||8:30 pm – 4:30 pm|
|Cost||TT $4,000.00 (inclusive of training materials, refreshments and Certificate of Participation)
Please note that prices are subject to change without notice.
|Venue||Arthur Lok Jack Graduate School of Business
Max Richards Drive,
Uriah Butler Highway, North West,
Tamara Edwards - ext. 157
Certificates will only be issued to participants who have attained a minimum attendance rate of 75% for the duration of the course.
Course Cancellation/ Reschedule Policy
Arthur Lok Jack GSB (ALJGSB) reserves the right to cancel training at any time. If ALJGSB cancels the training due to unforeseen circumstances beyond the control of ALJGSB, you are entitled to a full refund of the course fee, or your course fee can be credited toward a future training, based upon availability (providing payments have been made before original advertised date).
ALJGSB reserves the right to reschedule training at any time. If ALJGSB reschedules training due to unforeseen circumstances beyond the control of ALJGSB, the training will take place at the next available time. Participants will be informed via phone and/or e-mails.