Social media has changed how corporate communications and marketing professionals communicate with target audiences. It has also increased practitioners' workload, as they track literally thousands of responses to their brands online, on Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, and other networks, every day.
Having increased opportunities for communication between brands and their audiences, social media challenges communicators to be at the top of their game. Communicators must be able to know what drives audiences, while incorporating tactics and strategies that connect with audiences, and establishes a relationship between audiences and brands, while driving sales and positive reputations.
This workshop offers communicators – at various levels of the organisation – training in practical and strategic components of social media marketing. Participants will understand key aspects of social media marketing, social media tools, tactics and strategies, audience engagement, evaluation and measurement, and how to maximise social media opportunities and merge them with their current public relations and marketing programmes.
- Sales and Business Development Professionals
- Advertising & Marketing Professionals
- Brand Managers and Media Planners
- Digital Marketing Professionals
- Web Strategists
- Product Managers
- Customer Relationship Management Professionals
Participants will learn to:
- Manage their organisations' presence on social networks.
- Engage audiences and build relationships.
- Integrate social media strategies and tactics in their broader public relations and marketing programmes.
- Create content for online communications.
- Monitor issues and manage their brands' online reputation.
- Measure and evaluate the success of their strategic efforts.
- A strategic approach to social media marketing.
- Understanding key social media platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, Instagram, etc., and how to integrate them with offline tactics.
- Selecting the right social media tools for your company.
- Online behaviour and audience engagement.
- Branding and social networks.
- Integrating social media in traditional public relations and marketing programmes
- Advanced social media strategies.
- Mobile marketing strategies.
- Creating word-of-mouth online.
- Creating content for online communications.
- How different types of organisations are using social media successfully.
- Crafting your integrated marketing plan.
- Issues management and online reputation management.
- The social media policy. Do you need it?
- Social media evaluation and measurement techniques.
Facilitator: Ms. Karel McIntosh
Karel McIntosh is an all-round communicator, holding the titles of marketer, writer, editor, online publisher, communications consultant and trainer. Blessed with the gift of helping people to use their knowledge in a practical and effective way, she provides dynamic, training programmes in social media, business writing, corporate communications, presentation skills, and other communications-related areas, and offers editorial and speechwriting services.
Her infectious energy translates easily into her presentations, creating captivating sessions. Karel customizes every presentation to her audience's needs, and actively engages participants to motivate them and facilitate on-going comprehension of new information – from the basic and tactical to the advanced and strategic. With 13 years' experience in media, editorial, corporate communications, and digital marketing – including managerial positions, Karel knows what she's talking about.
A first-generation, Caribbean blogger, she is a part of a deep network of key, online influencers in the region. Karel is also the Founder and Editor-in-Chief of Outlish Magazine – www.outlish.com – a weekly, online, lifestyle magazine that features innovative, entrepreneurial Trinis, and fresh, feisty perspectives about life in Trinidad and Tobago and the Caribbean.
She holds an M.Sc. in Corporate Communications (Distinction) from The University of West London (UK) - formerly Thames Valley University, and a B.Sc. in Government, with a minor in International Relations (Upper Second Class Honours) from The University of the West Indies (Trinidad). Karel is a member of the International Association of Business Communicators (IABC), and serves on its International Advisory Board for its flagship magazine, Communications World. Learn more about her at karelmcintosh.com.
|Date||View Event Calendar|
|Time||8:30 pm – 4:30 pm|
|Cost||TT $4,500.00 (inclusive of training materials, refreshments and Certificate of Participation)
Please note that prices are subject to change without notice.
|Venue||Arthur Lok Jack Graduate School of Business
Max Richards Drive,
Uriah Butler Highway, North West,
Tamara Edwards - ext. 157
Certificates will only be issued to participants who have attained a minimum attendance rate of 75% for the duration of the course.
Course Cancellation/ Reschedule Policy
Arthur Lok Jack GSB (ALJGSB) reserves the right to cancel training at any time. If ALJGSB cancels the training due to unforeseen circumstances beyond the control of ALJGSB, you are entitled to a full refund of the course fee, or your course fee can be credited toward a future training, based upon availability (providing payments have been made before original advertised date).
ALJGSB reserves the right to reschedule training at any time. If ALJGSB reschedules training due to unforeseen circumstances beyond the control of ALJGSB, the training will take place at the next available time. Participants will be informed via phone and/or e-mails.