In today's environment the "playing field" is constantly changing and the pool of human resources with similar qualifications ever increasing, with more and more persons making the decision to continuously re-tool. Employers and managers therefore face the challenge of assessing staff, based not only on their qualifications, but also on their competencies and contributions to the organisation.
This two-day workshop will give professionals who desire to grow and increase the contributions that they make to their organisations, the skills required to do so. Skills such as strategic thinking, communication, leadership and multi-tasking new assignments with current responsibilities will distinguish these professionals from the rest.
The seminar is designed for individuals who are seeking to develop skills to improve their performance and grow within their organisation.
Project managers, administrative staff, assistant and junior managers in customer service, sales, accounting and technical fields will also benefit from this workshop.
At the end of this workshop, participants who actively participate and complete all assignments should be able to:
- Identify the competencies for professional growth.
- Examine key skill areas for professional development.
- Assess current levels of performance in the key skill areas for professional development.
- Identify opportunities to maximise potential and professional contribution to the organisation.
- Explore new ways of thinking, planning and acting to achieve new levels of responsibility within your organisation.
- Develop a Personal and Professional Development Plan (PPDP).
Becoming Business Smart and Savvy
- How to articulate and define your contribution to the strategic results for your organisation
- Recognise internal and external factors that shape and impact your business environment and climate
- Identify and monitor resources covering present and future business trends to create value-added contributions at work
- Recognise common reasons for resisting change and identify strategies for remaining resilient and positive
- Assess reasonable risk using a five-step process
- Synthesise analytic thinking and problem-solving skills with strategies for managing change
- Apply creative idea generation skills to change management situations
- Identify your communication style and understand how to flex to others' communication preferences
- Identify persuasion and influencing strategies that will allow you to impact the way others think, feel and behave
- Synthesise and apply communication skills in a context specific situation
Juggling New Assignments and Current Responsibilities
- Identify and take responsibility for time management
- Set goals and prioritise each day's tasks
- Apply proactive planning and organising skills to avoid unnecessary chaos
- Utilise negotiation skills to build shared commitment and creatively use resources and time
Leading and Working in Teams
- Identify the roles you can and should bring into each team encounter
- Create a productive team environment that encourages everyone to participate and share ideas
- Motivate teammates to achieve team results using communication, co-operation and recognition
- Analyse when and how to step-up to leadership within the team environment
- Synthesise analytic thinking, communication and decision-making skills in the team problem-solving setting
Preparing the Plan for Greater Responsibility
- Develop your Personal and Professional Development Plan (PPDP)
- Identify solutions for potential barrier to your plan
|Date||View Event Calendar|
|Time||8:30 pm – 4:30 pm|
|Cost||TT $4,000.00 (inclusive of training materials, refreshments and Certificate of Participation)
Please note that prices are subject to change without notice.
|Venue||Arthur Lok Jack Graduate School of Business
Max Richards Drive,
Uriah Butler Highway, North West,
Brent Cassim - ext. 330
Certificates will only be issued to participants who have attained a minimum attendance rate of 75% for the duration of the course.
Course Cancellation/ Reschedule Policy
Arthur Lok Jack GSB (ALJGSB) reserves the right to cancel training at any time. If ALJGSB cancels the training due to unforeseen circumstances beyond the control of ALJGSB, you are entitled to a full refund of the course fee, or your course fee can be credited toward a future training, based upon availability (providing payments have been made before original advertised date).
ALJGSB reserves the right to reschedule training at any time. If ALJGSB reschedules training due to unforeseen circumstances beyond the control of ALJGSB, the training will take place at the next available time. Participants will be informed via phone and/or e-mails.