Microsoft PowerPoint is a tool capable of easily organizing, powerfully illustrating and professionally delivering your ideas. It is becoming increasingly important as methods for presenting data are becoming more and more complex. Additionally, the use of such performance software has become mandatory as part of the everyday work life of an individual whether it be in the private or public sector. Whether conducting an informal meeting, presenting to an audience, or delivering your message over the Internet, you will have the tolls required to communicate visually with an impact. The application of learning such software would enable the user to apply such skills to any software package which entails the same functionality to a greater extent, thereby making the individual more marketable in their field.
Therefore, this course has been designed around the core areas of publishing your ideas through creating and editing slides, adding maps, charts and graphs to a presentation, inserting tables and other data into a slide and even linking various other productivity software files to your presentations. This course will cover the comprehensive level of the Microsoft PowerPoint software and place emphasis on the quick and efficient use of this software to attain positive results.
The Microsoft Excel 2010 workshop is designed for business services professionals to gain the advanced skills necessary to further analyze worksheets, collaborate with others, audit and analyze worksheet data, incorporate multiple data sources, and import and export data.
Upon completion of this workshop participants should be able to:
- Customise the view options
- Use advanced techniques to format data located on the worksheet.
- The ability to utilize more advanced functions.
- The ability to comprehend and utilize the function wizard.
- Attain the ability to utilise the absolute cell references in formulas.
- The manipulation of Microsoft Excel as a Database
- The utilisation of filters and subtotals in a database
- The ability to create charts from data entered into fields
- The ability to create drawing objects
- The ability to use hyperlinks
Module 1: Creating a Worksheet and Charting Data
- Create, Save, and Navigate an Excel Workbook
- Enter Data in a Worksheet
- Construct and Copy Formulas and Use the SUM Function
- Format Cells with Merge & Center and Cell Styles
- Chart Data to Create a Column Chart and Insert Sparklines
- Print, Display Formulas, and Close Excel
- Check Spelling in a Worksheet
- Enter Data by Range
- Construct Formulas for Mathematical Operations
- Edit Values in a Worksheet
- Format a Worksheet
Module 2: Using Functions, Creating Tables and Managing Large Workbooks
- Use the SUM, AVERAGE, MEDIAN, MIN, and MAX Functions
- Move Data, Resolve Error Messages, and Rotate Text
- Use COUNTIF and IF Functions and Apply Conditional Formatting
- Use Date & Time Functions and Freeze Panes
- Create, Sort, and Filter an Excel Table
- Format and Print a Large Worksheet
- Navigate a Workbook and Rename Worksheets
- Enter Dates, Clear Contents, and Clear Formats
- Copy and Paste by Using the Paste Options Gallery
- Edit and Format Multiple Worksheets at the Same Time
- Create a Summary Sheet with Column Sparklines
Module 3: Analyzing Data with Pie Charts, Line Charts, and What-IF Analysis Tools
- Chart Data with a Pie Chart
- Format a Pie Chart
- Edit a Workbook and Update a Chart
- Use Goal Seek to Perform What-If Analysis
- Design a Worksheet for What-If Analysis
- Answer What-If Questions by Changing Values in a Worksheet
- Chart Data with a Line Chart
Module 4: Use Financial Functions
- Use Goal Seek
- Create a Data Table
- Define Names
- Use Defined Names in a Formula
- Use Lookup Functions
- Validate Data
Module 5: Managing Large Workbooks and Using Advanced Sorting and Filtering
- Navigate and Manage Large Worksheets
- Enhance Worksheets with Themes and Styles
- Format a Worksheet to Share with Others
- Save Excel Data in Other File Formats
- Use Advanced Sort Techniques
- Use Custom and Advanced Filters
- Subtotal, Outline, and Group a List of Data
Module 6: Creating Charts, Diagrams and Templates
- Create and Format Sparklines and a 3-D Column Chart
- Create and Format a Line Chart
- Create and Modify a SmartArt Graphic
- Create and Modify an Organization Chart
- Create an Excel Template
- Protect a Worksheet
- Create a Worksheet Based on a Template
Module 7: Creating PivotTables and PivotChart Reports and Auditing Worksheets
- Create a PivotTable Report
- Using Slicers and Search Filters
- Modifying a PivotTable Report
- Creating a PivotChart Report
- Trace Precedents and Dependents to Audit worksheet formulas
- Use error checking to Audit worksheet formulas
- Use the Watch Window to Monitor cell values
Module 8: Use the Data Analysis, Solver and Scenario Features
- Calculate a Moving Average
- Project income and Expenses
- Determine a Break-even Point
- The ability to use the Solver feature
- The ability to evaluate complex Formulas
- The ability to create Scenarios
Module 9: External Data, Database Functions and Side by Side Tables
- The ability to integrate external data into Excel
- The ability to create a Query and Use the Query Wizard to Sort and Filter
- The ability to use DAVERAGE and DSUM Database Functions
- The ability to use DCOUNT and DGET Database functions
- Insert a second table into a Worksheet
- Apply Conditional formatting to side by side tables
- Insert a Screenshot
- Create custom Headers and Footers
Module 10: Collaborating with others and preparing a Workbook for Distribution
- The ability to create a Shared Workbook
- The ability to track changes made to a Workbook
- The ability to Merge Workbooks and Accept Changes
- The preparation of a Final Workbook for Distribution
- The ability to Upload a Workbook to a SkyDrive
Facilitator: Vishal Ramnarine
Vishal Ramnarine is an Independent Information Technology Consultant for a local educational government organisation and a former Information Technology Officer of a prestigious educational institution in the West Indies. His unique background makes him suitably apt to facilitate the role of information technology advisor and its impact on the various industries in the Caribbean.
He has over 12 years of experience in teaching, research and consulting in the use of computers and information technologies in organisations. His specialties are Decision Support Systems, Strategic Systems Planning, the Management of Information Systems, and Information Systems Infrastructure. He is CISCO Certified Professional® (CCIE®), Microsoft Certified Professional (MCPTM) and Microsoft Certified Systems EngineerTM (MCSETM) and is also a member of the Information Technology Council (ITC) located in the United States, a member of the Microsoft Beta Testers (MBT) and a member of the Commonwealth of Learning (COL).
Mr. Ramnarine's subsequent experiences include serving as lead consultant on the information technology re-training of the Ministry of Health employees in 2008. He also held the project manager position in the training of Secondary school teachers via a project owned by Fujitsu Incorporated to facilitate the participants with the knowledge of maintaining a network infrastructure. Mr. Ramnarine also serves as module leader for various courses in information technology at an international University. Mr. Ramnarine is a graduate of the London University with a B.Sc. (Honors) in Computing and Information Systems and a Masters in Business Administration with focus on Leadership from Anglia Ruskin University.
|Date||View Event Calendar|
|Time||8:30 pm – 4:30 pm|
|Cost||TT $3,500.00 (inclusive of training materials, refreshments and Certificate of Participation)
Please note that prices are subject to change without notice.
|Venue||Arthur Lok Jack Graduate School of Business
Max Richards Drive,
Uriah Butler Highway, North West,
Shadeed Ali - ext. 131
Certificates will only be issued to participants who have attained a minimum attendance rate of 75% for the duration of the course.
Course Cancellation/ Reschedule Policy
Arthur Lok Jack GSB (ALJGSB) reserves the right to cancel training at any time. If ALJGSB cancels the training due to unforeseen circumstances beyond the control of ALJGSB, you are entitled to a full refund of the course fee, or your course fee can be credited toward a future training, based upon availability (providing payments have been made before original advertised date).
ALJGSB reserves the right to reschedule training at any time. If ALJGSB reschedules training due to unforeseen circumstances beyond the control of ALJGSB, the training will take place at the next available time. Participants will be informed via phone and/or e-mails.