In light of these factors, this course has been designed around the core areas of the fundamentals of a database; the essential skills needed to use a database including entering data into forms and tables, running queries to search data and producing meaningful reports. This course will cover the introductory level of the Microsoft Access software and place emphasis on the fundamental aspects of this software to attain positive results.
The Microsoft Access 2010 workshop is designed for students who wish to learn the introductory-level operations of the Microsoft Access database program to perform their day-to-day responsibilities, and who want to use the application to be more productive in their work.
It provides the fundamental knowledge and techniques needed to use more complex Access features such as maintaining databases and using programming techniques that enhance Access applications. It also introduces them to integrating Access data with other applications such as Microsoft Office Word or Excel.
Upon completion of this workshop participants should be able to:
- Examine the basic database concepts and explore the Microsoft Office Access 2010 environment.
- Learn to design a simple database in Microsoft Access.
- Learn to build a new Access database with related tables.
- Learn to manage data in a table.
- Learn to query an Access database using different methods.
- Learn to design Microsoft Access forms.
- Learn to generate reports in Microsoft Access.
- Learn to modify the design and field properties of a table to streamline data entry and maintain data integrity.
Module 1: Exploring Microsoft Access 2010 Environment
- Examine Database Concepts
- Explore the User Interface
- Use an Existing Access Database
- Customize the Access Environment
- Obtain Help
Module 2: Designing a Database
- Describe the Relational Database Design Process
- Define Database Purpose
- Review Existing Data
- Determine Fields
- Group Fields into Tables
- Normalize Data
- Designate Primary and Foreign Keys
- Determine Table Relationships
Module 3: Building a Database
- Create a New Database
- Create a Table
- Manage Tables
- Create a Table Relationship
- Save a Database as a Previous Version
Module 4: Managing Data in a Table
- Modify Table Data
- Sort Records
- Work with Subdatasheets
Module 5: Querying a Database
- Filter Records
- Create a Query
- Add Criteria to a Query
- Add a Calculated Field to a Query
- Perform Calculations on a Record Grouping
Module 6: Designing Forms
- View Data Using an Access Form
- Create a Form
- Modify the Design of a Form
Module 7: Generating Reports
- View an Access Report
- Create a Report
- Add a Custom Calculated Field to a Report
- Format the Controls in a Report
- Apply an AutoFormat Style to a Report
- Prepare a Report for Print
Facilitator: Vishai Nicholas Ramnarine
Vishal Nicholas Ramnarine is an Independent Information Technology Consultant who has over 12 years of experience in the Information Technology field and over 10 years of lecturing experience. He is CISCO Certified Professional (CCIE®), Microsoft Certified Professional (MCPTM) and Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer(MCSETM) who holds the Master of Business Administration degree from the Anglia Ruskin University UK and a Bachelor's degree in Computing and Information Systems from the University of London.
He has also attained the Masters certification in CISCO I.T. Essentials - Train the Trainer from the University of the West Indies, Open Campus via CISCO in the US. Vishal is also a member of the Information Technology Council (ITC) located in the United States, a member of the Microsoft Beta Testers (MBT) and a member of the Commonwealth of Learning (COL).
|Date||View Event Calendar|
|Time||8:30 pm – 4:30 pm|
|Cost||TT $3,000.00 (inclusive of training materials, refreshments and Certificate of Participation)
Please note that prices are subject to change without notice.
|Venue||Arthur Lok Jack Graduate School of Business
Max Richards Drive,
Uriah Butler Highway, North West,
Shadeed Ali - ext. 131
Certificates will only be issued to participants who have attained a minimum attendance rate of 75% for the duration of the course.
Course Cancellation/ Reschedule Policy
Arthur Lok Jack GSB (ALJGSB) reserves the right to cancel training at any time. If ALJGSB cancels the training due to unforeseen circumstances beyond the control of ALJGSB, you are entitled to a full refund of the course fee, or your course fee can be credited toward a future training, based upon availability (providing payments have been made before original advertised date).
ALJGSB reserves the right to reschedule training at any time. If ALJGSB reschedules training due to unforeseen circumstances beyond the control of ALJGSB, the training will take place at the next available time. Participants will be informed via phone and/or e-mails.