Microsoft PowerPoint is a tool capable of easily organizing, powerfully illustrating and professionally delivering your ideas. It is becoming increasingly important as methods for presenting data are becoming more and more complex. Additionally, the use of such performance software has become mandatory as part of the everyday work life of an individual whether it be in the private or public sector. Whether conducting an informal meeting, presenting to an audience, or delivering your message over the Internet, you will have the tolls required to communicate visually with an impact. The application of learning such software would enable the user to apply such skills to any software package which entails the same functionality to a greater extent, thereby making the individual more marketable in their field.
Therefore, this course has been designed around the core areas of publishing your ideas through creating and editing slides, adding maps, charts and graphs to a presentation, inserting tables and other data into a slide and even linking various other productivity software files to your presentations. This course will cover the comprehensive level of the Microsoft PowerPoint software and place emphasis on the quick and efficient use of this software to attain positive results.
The Microsoft PowerPoint 2010 workshop is designed for business services professionals and individuals alike, who are keen on learning the processes involved in creating and using this application to present information in a visual and easy to understand manner.
- Sales Department
- Marketing Dept
- Account Reps
- Account Executives
The overarching objective of the program is to help you be productive and efficient in your home or office. As the product improves with new versions, it adds abilities that contribute to this objective. PowerPoint helps you display your ideas visually and quickly, manage your work more efficiently with its "backstage" layout, and work on a way of displaying your ideas.
Upon completion of this workshop participants should be able to:
- Understand the process of starting and ending a PowerPoint session
- Edit a presentation
- Create various types of slides
- Format slides and create and use templates
- Develop the ability to apply charts and tables to a presentation
- Print various components of a presentation
- Add special effects in a presentation
- Develop, edit and import charts
- Create and manage hyperlinks in a presentation
- Secure and share presentations
Module 1: Starting from Scratch – Understanding the PowerPoint 2010 Interface
- Managing your presentation with Backstage
- Exploring the Office 'Ribbon'
- Customizing views
- Customizing the Office 'Ribbon'
Module 2: Getting started – Creating a Presentation
- Create a New Presentation
- Edit a Presentation in Normal View
- Add Pictures to a Presentation
- Print and View a Presentation
- Edit an Existing Presentation
- Format a Presentation
- Use Slide Sorter View
- Apply Slide Transitions
Module 3: Formatting PowerPoint Presentations
- Format Numbered and Bulleted Lists
- Insert Clip Art
- Insert Text Boxes and Shapes
- Format Objects
- Remove Picture Backgrounds and Insert WordArt
- Create and Format a SmartArt Graphic
Module 4: Enhancing a Presentation with Animation, Video, Tables and Charts
- Customize Slide Backgrounds and Themes
- Animate a Slide Show
- Insert a Video
- Create and Modify Tables
- Create and Modify Charts
- Change theme fonts and colors
- Apply a background style
- Modify the background color
- Hide background graphics
- Insert a picture on the slide background
Module 5: Creating Templates and Reviewing, Publishing and Protecting Presentations
- Create a Custom Template by Modifying Slide Masters
- Apply a Custom Template to a Presentation
- Create and Edit Comments
- Prepare a Presentation for Distribution
- Protect a Presentation
Module 6: Applying Graphics techniques and Inserting Audio and Video
- Use Picture Corrections
- Add a Border to a Picture
- Change the Shape of a Picture
- Add a Picture to a WordArt Object
- Enhance a Presentation with Audio and Video
- Create a Photo Album
- Edit a Photo Album and Add a Caption
- Crop a Picture
Module 7: Delivering a Presentation
- Apply and Modify Slide Transitions
- Apply Custom Animation Effects
- Modify Animation Effects
- Insert Hyperlinks
- Create Custom Slide Shows
- Present and View a Slide Presentation
Module 8: Presentations Using tables and Pie Charts
- Add a Table to a Presentation
- Add or Delete Table Rows, Columns, or Cells
- Move and Size a Table
- Modify a Table
- Create and Modify Pie Charts
- Create and Apply a Chart Template
- Apply Animation to a Chart
Module 9: Presentations Using Tables and Publishing Presentations
- Draw Tables
- Modify a Table Using the Draw Borders Features
- Insert Outline Text from Another Program into a PowerPoint Presentation
- Create a Video
- Copy a Presentation to a CD, DVD, Network, or Local Drive
Facilitator: Vishal Ramnarine
Vishal Ramnarine is an Independent Information Technology Consultant for a local educational government organisation and a former Information Technology Officer of a prestigious educational institution in the West Indies. His unique background makes him suitably apt to facilitate the role of information technology advisor and its impact on the various industries in the Caribbean.
He has over 12 years of experience in teaching, research and consulting in the use of computers and information technologies in organisations. His specialties are Decision Support Systems, Strategic Systems Planning, the Management of Information Systems, and Information Systems Infrastructure. He is CISCO Certified Professional® (CCIE®), Microsoft Certified Professional (MCPTM) and Microsoft Certified Systems EngineerTM (MCSETM) and is also a member of the Information Technology Council (ITC) located in the United States, a member of the Microsoft Beta Testers (MBT) and a member of the Commonwealth of Learning (COL).
Mr Ramnarine subsequent experiences include serving as lead consultant on the information technology re-training of the Ministry of Health employees in 2008. He also held the project manager position in the training of Secondary school teachers via a project owned by Fujitsu Incorporated to facilitate the participants with the knowledge of maintaining a network infrastructure. Mr. Ramnarine also serves as module leader for various courses in information technology at an international University.
Mr Ramnarine is a graduate of the London University with a B.Sc. (Honours') in Computing and Information Systems and a Masters in Business Administration with focus on Leadership from Anglia Ruskin University.
|Date||View Event Calendar|
|Time||8:30 pm – 4:30 pm|
|Cost||TT $3,500.00 (inclusive of training materials, refreshments and Certificate of Participation)
Please note that prices are subject to change without notice.
|Venue||Arthur Lok Jack Graduate School of Business
Max Richards Drive,
Uriah Butler Highway, North West,
Shadeed Ali - ext. 131
Certificates will only be issued to participants who have attained a minimum attendance rate of 75% for the duration of the course.
Course Cancellation/ Reschedule Policy
Arthur Lok Jack GSB (ALJGSB) reserves the right to cancel training at any time. If ALJGSB cancels the training due to unforeseen circumstances beyond the control of ALJGSB, you are entitled to a full refund of the course fee, or your course fee can be credited toward a future training, based upon availability (providing payments have been made before original advertised date).
ALJGSB reserves the right to reschedule training at any time. If ALJGSB reschedules training due to unforeseen circumstances beyond the control of ALJGSB, the training will take place at the next available time. Participants will be informed via phone and/or e-mails.